Retail Energy Markets Pricing Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Application: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We work with some of the largest and best-known companies in the energy and clean technology space, helping our customers better understand how to drive and preserve value in an ever-changing energy market. In addition to pricing and risk management services, we provide a suite of energy data services and predictive, analytics tools to support and define new energy products and services. Our goal is to utilize technology and expertise to bring transparency to an otherwise clouded energy marketplace.
To do this we built a cutting-edge set of data and predictive analytical tools. All our people learn these concepts, build upon them, and share them with our clients so that the concepts work within the context of accelerating transparency and clean energy technologies. We are always developing these ideas and working at TRUELight means you will be part of that continual improvement and make an impact in accelerating our change to a clean energy economy and maintain the highest level of satisfaction for our clients.
- Produce daily wholesale and retail energy market pricing output and analysis for TRUELight Energy’s client base.
- Assist in the origination and management of client relationships with executive management.
- Collaborate with management in the maintenance and daily production of the wholesale and retail energy customer pricing models and analysis.
- Use best practice with respect to daily quality control process and operations documentation of all pricing data sources, assumptions, and firm pricing methodologies.
- Utilize wholesale and retail energy utility tariff information to help in the development of daily customer pricing and retail energy load product valuations.
- Maintain daily energy market research on the wholesale and retail power market policies, prices, and regulatory trends.
- Expand and maintain daily research on the current and future state, federal, and local incentives relating to renewable energy.
- Owning discovered problems and proactively driving forward solutions to ensure success for both the company and our clients.
- Help improve process with the pricing team, business analysts and software development managers to update tariffs, pricing models, renewable policies, company's daily production and schedule of the proprietary analytical tools.
- Train and develop new energy market analysts as we expand our team.
- 2 - 5 years of experience in a fundamental analysis role in energy commodities markets. Knowledge of and experience with the North American independent system operators is preferred, particularly ISO-NE, PJM, NYISO, NEPOOL, CAISO, and ERCOT.
- Undergraduate with a concentration in business, mathematics, accounting, engineering, economics, or energy-related discipline.
- Strong technical computer skills, including superior Excel and VBA spreadsheet modeling and development. Understanding of database architecture, e.g., MS SQL, NoSQL is a plus.
- Proven quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to perform ad hoc research, quantification, and reporting.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to quickly grasp, analyze, present, and convert data into actionable information.
- Excellent communication skills with the drive to inspire, build rapport with team members and clients.
- Highly organized with an ability and/or willingness to translate work into a database environment required for compatibility with proprietary software.
- Energetic and with the ability to be resourceful in solving complex problems with little or no internal guidance.
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Work from home