Power Trader and Asset Management Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Application: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a leading, independent wholesale energy services company offering market expertise and financial solutions. We work with some of the largest and best-known companies in the energy and clean technology space. TRUELight strives to be at the forefront of a thriving and globally competitive low carbon economy as a leading investment solution, innovator, and information conduit. We will capture and deliver value due to the changing dynamics and realignment of evolving energy markets around a cleaner energy future.
We are seeking candidates with 1-3 years of prior experience in a fundamental analysis role in energy commodities markets, ideally in the wholesale electricity markets. This is an excellent opportunity for any motivated individual looking to grow into a generation asset and trading position in a short timeframe. Ideal candidates will have a strong analytical and technical background.
- Collaborate with senior members of the generation asset and trading team in the design, development and maintenance of quantitative research and trading analytical tools.
- Perform market analysis to support generation asset position and energy trading opportunities consistent with the internal risk management strategy.
- Develop automated data collection and parsing programs that access and store data from external sources including websites with wide range of interface designs and or data feeds.
- Implement and operate daily generation asset scheduling and settlement processes using various platforms.
- Monitor and implement daily risk management and trade capture processes and reporting.
- Monitor and report on market, industry, product, and pricing trends.
- Use best practice with respect to quality control and documentation of all sources, assumptions, and methodologies.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a fundamental analysis role in energy commodities markets or managing generation assets. Knowledge of and experience with the North American independent system operators is preferred, particularly PJM, NYISO, ISONE and ERCOT.
- Excellent quantitative skills, with bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, finance, economics, physics, or similar field.
- Strong technical computer skills, including superior Excel and VBA spreadsheet modeling and development. Understanding of database architecture, e.g., MS SQL, Oracle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to quickly grasp, research, analyze, present, and convert data into actionable information.
- Well organized, dependable, punctual, strong work ethic.
- Energetic and with the ability to be resourceful in solving complex problems with little internal guidance.
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life balance
- Work from home